Author Topic: Forum Software Upgrade (MOBILE VIEWING)  (Read 5720 times)

Zlauk

• Guild Leader
Forum Software Upgrade (MOBILE VIEWING)
« on: September 03, 2020, 06:10:55 PM »
Hola,

As of September 3, 2020, the forums have undergone a software upgrade to the most recent version of SimpleMachinesForum (SMF). If there are any errors or if things aren't functioning how you're used to, please use this forum thread to communication that information.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 01:03:24 PM by Zlauk »

Zlauk

• Guild Leader
Re: Forum Software Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:00:44 PM »
This now holds true for EQDKP Plus, too.

Sancus

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 07:15:33 PM »
Not a big deal, but the forums are now extremely compressed horizontally on mobile. Previously the full Valhallah banner was visible. Here’s what it looks like now:

Zlauk

• Guild Leader
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 07:22:02 PM »
Not a big deal, but the forums are now extremely compressed horizontally on mobile.

Word, thanks. Will poke around.

Zlauk

• Guild Leader
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 10:02:52 PM »
It's something with the specific theme/template we're using. It appears "nicely" with the other two templates we have installed and only goes to shit with the blackStorm template, so it's gotta be something CSS-related in there somewhere. It might take a little bit for me to sift through all that bullshit.

Zlauk

• Guild Leader
Re: Forum Software Upgrade (MOBILE VIEWING)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 01:06:56 PM »
As a general notice to everyone, I've still not been able to figure out what the fuck is causing the display issues on mobile. Nothing about what is written in any of the style indexes or the CSS for those styles suggests the view should be distorted as it currently is, and even trying a few additional work-around methods produce no change.

FOR THE TIME BEING, as a result of this distortion, users can now select their own template. Once logged in, go to profile, modify profile, look and layout, and change your current theme from "blackstorm" (the usual template) to "SMF Default Theme - Curve." Once you refresh the page, it should display a new theme that plays much nicer with mobile devices.

Rahoul

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »
much better for mobile indeed, but if I can somehow change the blinding white to black it would be amazing =p

Zlauk

• Guild Leader
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 11:58:23 PM »
much better for mobile indeed, but if I can somehow change the blinding white to black it would be amazing =p

SO needy ...

Try the "Blued Darkcurve" theme instead.

Rahoul

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 09:48:35 AM »
amazing !